Saturday 16 March 2013

Honor & Intrigue

Not much to say on the figure front as I have been sidetracked a little into the gaming offshoot that is roleplaying.

My copy of Honor and Intrigue from Basic Action Games arrived a while ago, although I got my printed copy from Sphärenmeisters Spiele in Germany.  Just short of €37 including postage, which was far cheaper than any other availability (which I think was ordering it from the states) I had seen to get it in the UK as a printed product.

Setting is essentially swashbuckling - so that loose time period and setting that encompasses the Three Musketeers (Thirty Years War) through Pirates with a dash of Casanova, Bonnie Prince Charlie and Zorro thrown in.


I've skim read it all probably 2-3 times by now, and am currently dissecting the mechanics and generation system to fully understand them.  From a roleplaying viewpoint, then it is pretty much going to be a "play off the character sheet" system, but I suspect does need players who like the genre, a bit of storytelling and who can think on their feet regarding free raises and bonus effects etc.   

Going through the film list set me off on taking stock of what I already had and one that I might only have in Video format - Le Bossu...


I got a (secondhand) copy of the DVD fairly cheap off Ebay, which I then had to watch to remind myself of how much I enjoyed it.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment