Wednesday 20 March 2013

Gaming Cloth: Chlorophyll Green

A while ago on one of the blogs/forum that I follow there was a fair amount of activity on the subject of gaming cloths, with I think the Two Fat Lardies saying that what they took to shows was an old army blanket.  

Shortly after Christmas I was in B&Q looking for something else and in the clearance section was a green fleecy throw for £3.  (NOTE - they are no longer in stock - I went today to three different B&Q shops and they have all gone - you might find one in the clearance bin but I doubt it).  I thought the green matched the green I use on bases (Miniatures Paints Grass Green) and would also be fairly close to the GW green movement trays.


It's not a bad base to be working from, and click on the picture to enlarge it and you can see it does the grass green quite well - I'd forgotten quite how "lurid green" the GW movement trays are.   

Ideally the green needs to be toned down - I've thought of soaking it with a bit of brown fabric dye to take the edge off the colour, or I may just "distress" it with some spray paint.   That's what I did with one of the baseclothes that I use for pirates.  


The original base of this was a creamy/sand colour.  This picture is on the washing line where I was sprayng over it with some cheap tines of spray paint  I had picked up.   


This is it in use.  I learned a little from this that "weave" patterns will show through on close ups - which is probably an advantage of fleecy blankets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment